Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Girlfriend....Im Just asking... How big of a role does money play in a relationship...

Girlfriend... I'm just asking is it ALL about the cash??

A good friend of mine once said " Romance without Finance is a Nuisance"
THESE ARE THE WORDS THAT I LIVE BY....

In my opinion... As a hard working young woman it's hard to wrap your head around a broke man. you think wait a minute if I manage to wake up every morning work 1 or 2 jobs and go to school.. why cant you do the same?

I truly believe Money plays a big role in a relationship...
It cost to wine and dine--while dating.
Money is the number one reason for divorces in America.
Being stressed over bills can affect a relationship.

Men have always been made out to be the PROVIDERS...and i feel like that is something a man should do.
Needless to say ladies... if we want a man to Provide for us we must bring something to the table more then just laying on our back.

Another Reason i believe money plays a major role in relationships is the "STRUGGLE" of being broke. There is nothing like that feeling of living paycheck to paycheck or being behind on some bills.... and you would hope your significant other could get you out of that tough spot... But nothing is more frustrating then realizing they cant help because they are worse off then you.....

I remember being 16 years old at the bus stop and wouldn't talk to any boys walking or on a bike... my thought process was "TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT" so there is no reason the both of us need to be in the hot sun waiting for the bus... I needed a boyfriend with a car. LOL!

So i guess in Nutshell... I'm asking Girlfriend... are relationships built on finances... As women do we Strive for a man with success and money... Will we put up with more crap as long as we are comfortable.... you know the saying " If you gonna live in a dog house -- Make sure it's a dog Mansion"....

Whats your take on this.....

9 comments:

  1. I agree, however you cant help how u fall for... I personally stay away from the people that say their not working at the time.. Because before you know he will be asking me for money and I'm not having it... Get yourself together first then we can talk.. If me and someone are together and he loses his job than thats a different story. If I love him enough Im willing to go through the struggle, but he has to do his part or its a NO GO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say money is a major issue when it comes to being married because of the simple fact without the proper funds it would be hard to maintain a household and provide. I would also have to say that although some women would like for their men to provide it should go both ways seeing that a relationship is a union and both parties kinda need each other to build. A relationship shouldn't be dependent on one person because if I could be better off being by myself why even get in a relationship to take care of someone else who isn't contributing anything to the table. Like Dee stated, if I was in a relationship with someone who had their stuff together and then something happened in which they lost their job then I will be there for that person until she gets back on her feet. Now if it was someone who just doesn't have the ethics or willingness to even attempt to better themselves, then I wouldn't even waste my time because let's face it no one likes dead weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with all you guys...im single right now...for 2 reason...my mom raise me and my lil sister on her own since i was 4..dont get me wrong she was a happy married couple...until my dad loss his job and realize my mom was doing everything on her own..here i come i was born my dad still couldnt find a good job...everything was fine with my mom..she never curse him out to go out go look for a job or anything...years later my lil sister was born he still didnt have a job to provide my mom needs...my mom was a Relationship counseling and part time model...one morning my dad started a big argue..telling my mom..he's leaving cuz my mom dont need him...oooo she making him look bad in front of us cuz he doesn't have any money to raised us...so he got up and left us me being only 4 and my sister was only a couple month old...now im always asking myself could that happen to me..cuz i got my own place driving the best car ever..im working and doing part time model at the same time.i own a daycare...im only 24...my ex was 26 still trying to graduated from college..he didnt have a job..but i was still with him...but his parent kept telling him i was gone leave him when i find somebody better so he left cuz of his mom and dad..question of my story why its always a problem when a woman making more than the men...but once the guy making more than the ladies he feel like he's the big dog..like hermite said...if i could finish school and get a good job why cant u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its all good to be with someone for love.. but as the saying goes "Pressure bust pipes" When them money problems start to come into play all that love shit goes out the window. Im not saying a man has to be rich but he needs to have enough so that I can live comfortable. I can do bad all by myself. Like you said, if I can get up everyday and work full time and also go to school I need a man to have a equal hustle or even harder! No woman wants a man with nothing to offer and Im sure its the same the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANKS FOR ALL YA'LL OPINIONS... I KINDA AGREE WITH EVERYONE...
    I DO FEEL LIKE AS A WOMAN YOU SHOULD BRING SOMETHING TO THE TABLE THEN SOME ASS...
    BUT I DO FEEL IF A MAN WANTS TO WEAR THE CROWN HE BETTER FRONT SOME BILLS AND START PROVIDING... MAKE A WOMAN REMEBER WHY SHE IS PLAY SUBMISSIVE FOR... IF NOT.. HE CAN KEEP IT MOVING.... CAUSE AS raushana SAID " i can do bad all by myself"' THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Bonny only for you !! but yes i would agree money can put a big strain on a relationship. You would think that love should over come everything but thats not always the case. Ive also been around to know that love dont pay bills i guess both are needed in order to maintain a strong relationship !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s not 1942 anymore. Men weren’t put on Earth to pay for your hair extensions, ladies. It’s a little contradictory if you ask me- women want equality of wages but you don’t want to share an equal part in paying for shit? But you’re absolutely right- if you want a man with deep pockets you can’t just lay on your back. You gotta get on your knees, too. Maybe hang from the ceiling, do some freaky shit, work for that paper.

    As far as your discrimination against 16 year olds with bikes, did you ever think that maybe those guys rolling on Huffey’s were laughing at your sweaty ass while you were standing their waiting in the sun? Two wrongs don’t make a right? Two wheels make a right. They can make a left too.

    But seriously, if you’re looking for men with money, you’re a pleather skirt and knee high boots away from hooking on the street. You know the saying, “if you’re gonna sleep with a man for money, you’re a prostitute.”

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! @ NILLA WAFER!!! YOU ARE MORE THEN FUNNY!!! YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!! I LOVE YOU INPUT...

    ReplyDelete