Tuesday, June 22, 2010

GirlFriend Im Just Asking....What do you do when Mid-20's Put you in a Limbo?

Girlfriend how many of you have been through or is going through The Mid-20 CONFUSION.

Something Happens when you Reach around 25 years old.
it's Like a quarter life Crisis.
Your Still Considered Young but your Far from a Teenager.

You still want to Club and Party like a 19 year old Rock Star but your Conscious is telling you its time to BUCKLE DOWN... time to start making better decision and securing the rest of your life.

Then around 25 at this point at least 1 or 2 of your Girlfriends have children and you can not help but to wonder" AM I SUPPOSE TO BE HAVING BABIES TOO?"

Then there is your love life.... when your growing up as a little girl... you think by the time your 25 you'll be married to Prince Charming , living in a big house with a white picket fence and twin babies. BUT SURE AS SHIT STINKS...reality sets in and you have to take into consideration how many FROGS you have to kiss before you meet your Mr. Right.
And a lot of the times you still haven't Found him by the time you reach your Mid-20's.

Your career also comes into play.... while growing up you think... go to college... get a degree... equals a GREAT PAYING JOB.... *POW* sorry wrong answer... No one tells you about the entry level positions... the Horrible co-workers , the overbearing boss and the Sorry paycheck at the end of the week.
The fact is that before you can obtain your dream job in MOST circumstances you have to Pay your dues.

So Girlfriend I'm Just asking...
What do you do... when you see your Youth Slipping away but your NOT quiet where you want to be in life?
I think Everyone must go through this at least once in their lives....
In my point of view ... i think you must weigh your pro's and cons...
WHATS POSITIVE IN YOUR LIFE
Then look at your Cons
WHAT CAN I FIX ABOUT MYSELF AND MY SITUATION
and last
DON'T SWEAT THINGS THAT ARE OUT OF YOUR HANDS.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know when this idea of achieving everything by the age of 25 started but it is really WACK. I remember when I went through my "quarter life crisis". It was SO horrible. I think the only positive thing that one can get from going through that period is that it indicates you have some sort of ambition. You are ABSOLUTELY right about looking at your pros, cons, things you can fix, and things outside of your control. The age 25 is a great milestone age but it doesn't mean it's the end of the road. I'm approaching that 30 year mark and it's the same feelings all over again but not as bad this time around. My goal is to realize and take action on the things that I can change instead of talking or complaining about it all the time. If not, I will be having the same conversation at 35. Lastly but most importantly it's being grateful for just being alive to see all of those years because unfortunately I know too many that did not have that same opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms.Serene... First Thanks for your input... and i see your point of view... you have to learn that there is life after 25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been personally experiencing this myself cause Im 25 now and soooo not where I thought I would be. *sigh* just gotta keep the faith n keep it moving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being set in every aspect of your life at 25 is a lie!!! I say this because all of the aspect in my life right not are not on the right track. The only advice I have for this is keep your eyes on the prize don't be discourage.

    ReplyDelete